Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What's App-ening Wednesday: Skitch

When trying to decide which app to feature this week, I chose Skitch.  It is an app I have had on my iPad for a long time (well, 3 years without using something is a long time...), yet never really tried using.  A few weeks ago, while reading a blog post (sorry, I can't remember who wrote it, but if I do, I'll update to include a link), I was re-introduced to Skitch.



In case you don't know, Skitch is a photo enhancing app.  Not enhancing like blur your forehead wrinkles (which I have) or shave off 10 pounds (which I would love!), but enhance like add text, shapes, arrows, etc.  

I can't tell you how often people ask me (or email me) how to do something, and if I could only send them a picture with an arrow or a circle or a few words, I would have been a very happy camper.  Well, now, I am that happy camper!

Skitch has many options.  


Here are all of the different options to add to your pictures.  As you can see, you can add arrows, text, shapes, comment stickers (these include question marks and exclamation marks), smiley stickers, and a special feature that pixilates images!


Here is my sweet baby girl with her face pixilated;)  I have always wondered how bloggers pixilate images of students in class, and now I know! (or at least know 1 way to get it done!)


There are also a variety of pen colors and thicknesses!  If you know anything about me, you know I love a variety of pens:)


Here is a shot of all of the different features.  I love that you can quickly and easily point to things on an image, add text, or shapes to draw attention to things in a picture.  

It is truly an easy to use app.  It is also very intuitive (I love when that happens:)) and it saves your sketch to your picture roll on the iPad, or emails it to you.  

Have you ever used Skitch?  Is there another app that is better?

No comments:

Post a Comment