Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What's Appening Wednesday: Green Screen by Do Ink

This week, I'm linking up with TeachingTrio for their Technology Thursday...



Last week, I had some staff members approach me for help using iMovie.  I'll be the first to admit - I really don't like iMovie.  I know it can do some really cool things, and when necessary, I will use it.  But it isn't my favorite.  It is finicky and difficult to use.  It isn't intuitive (and I live by applications and apps being intuitive).  Plus (and here's the kicker), working in a Mac school, iMovie simply makes my life more difficult.  Why?  Well, since Apple is constantly upgrading and improving their products (which isn't necessarily a bad thing!), but if you aren't using the same exact version of iMovie that you used last time, you are going to have a problem.

So, needless to say, I spent about 45 minutes trying to get iMovie to work (I was trying to import videos from the iPad into iMovie, but the file type wasn't compatible.  Then, I downloaded a converter, but it didn't work), I started looking for an alternative.

They had news style videos they took in front of a green screen, and different pictures they wanted to use as backgrounds.  So I thought there had to be an app for that.  And there was!  Enter Green Screen!


I like how easy it was to use.  Simply tap on the + sign to import your videos and backgrounds.  You can also use the built-in scrubber to fix any invisibility issues (if you happen to wear a green shirt in front of the green screen!)


You also have the option of recording the video right in the app.  You can do some editing on the front and back of the videos you record.  Play the video right in the app to see your work.  All around, I'm very impressed!  Easy to use - I plan on including this app next school year in my App of the Month trainings:)


4 comments: