Sunday, August 3, 2014

My first SLANTbox!

I signed up for SLANTbox back in June for the very first time because I saw all the fun stuff everyone was sharing and I wanted to participate.  At first, I was a little leery, because I didn't really know how someone could be paired with a perfect stranger and get to know them well enough to put together a cool box that would be useful.  But, I was wrong!  I was paired with Meredith at Creativity to the Core and she was pretty awesome.  Not only is she very nice, extremely talented, and has an awesome TPT store, but she pretty much nailed it when sending my box of goodies:)

Here is a pic of what was in my box:



I love it!  So clever, cute, and creative!  Here's a closeup:


She gave me stiff plastic straws (which is perfect, because I have one of the re-usable cups, but broke the straw, and never got a new one), cute post-it magnetic notes, highlighters, and a border organizer. I am a bit of a border hoarder (I have been known to order border online when I can't find exactly what I'm looking for in our local teacher stores).

Here's another picture:

A cute 'S' for my desk, a great picture frame with this quote, " Technology is just a tool.  In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important" Bill Gates. I think this quote is great:)  There is also a really cute wallet (and I know the yellow color will make it that much easier to find in the bottom of my purse:)

Here's the last picture:



And the background in all of these pictures has been the cute placemats Meredith sent.  Yes, those are flair pens, and I love them.  In addition to hoarding borders, I also hoard pens.  I have about 50 at school, so I think these can stay at home:)  Those two things on the left, they are blank note cards that have a hook attached.  I think these will be perfect for putting the alphabet and numbers on for my four-year-old and I to practice while waiting (in line, at the doctor, in traffic, etc.).  He will be five in October, but because his b-day is so late, he has to wait another year before he can start Kindergarden.  It sucks (not only because he is totally ready for school, but because it is another year I have to pay for daycare.  And preschool around this area is way too much!).  But he is really smart (and I'm not just saying that because I am his mom), and he is learning so much everyday.  But we need to do more, and I'm starting with those cute little notecards.  

So, if you haven't signed up for SLANTbox, you should.  Because it is really cool and fun, and a great way to get to know two people you have never met before (I made a box for Michelle at Miss, Hey Miss too.)  

I'm off to finish up some TPT stuff, and then to clean.  It never ceases to amaze me how quickly my house gets dirty!


No comments:

Post a Comment